Monday, July 6, 2009

Happy 4th of July!

Ella really seemed to enjoy her first Independence Day. We met up with our friends Steven and Brandi and their two daughters at Wills Park for the evening. We arrived around 4:30 PM, set up camp in a shady spot and enjoyed our afternoon/evening. Ella was fascinated by everything around her. She hasn't really spent that much time outside all at once before, so it was a new experience for her. We got some great photos of her at home in her first outfit and some others at the park in outfit number two. You didn't actually think she only had one 4th of July outfit, did you? She is my daughter, after all! Seriously though, all 3 of her Grandma's bought her adorable outfits for the day. One is still a bit too big on her, so she'll be wearing that one on another day.

Ella actually did really well the entire time we were in the park. She played for a few hours and even went to sleep about 30 minutes before the fireworks began. Of course, the fireworks did startle her awake, but she didn't cry. I took her out of the stroller and held her in my lap so she could watch. They were really loud, so I covered her ears, but she was mesmerized by the show!

Since we had the camera with us anyway, I figured I might as well get a rare shot of Tom and me in here, too!




No comments:

Post a Comment