Thursday, May 14, 2009

Ella Gets a Taste of Alpharetta

Tom and I met Robin and Danielle at the Taste of Alpharetta (ToA) this evening. Our plan was to get there by 5:00 PM when it first started, but that didn't work out so well.

I had my 8 week post-pardum appointment with my OB this afternoon. The appointment was at 2:45 PM. I was finally called back to a room at 10 minutes to 4. She saw me at 4:15 PM and I still had to stop by another doctor's office in the same building to pick up some medicine. I didn't even make it home until 5:30 PM.

We arrived at ToA right around 6:00 PM and found Robin and Danielle. Ella was doing great in the beginning. She was sucking on her pacifier and looking all around. At 7:00 PM, I sat down to feed her, while Tom and Robin went off to eat more food. Ella was such a good girl! She even let Tom change her very poopy diaper in the grass (don't worry, we didn't actually put her on the grass directly, she was on her diaper changing pad!).

As for ToA itself, we were all sadly disappointed this year. Most of the restaurants that had booths were either fast casual, pizza places, or dessert. We finally found the "good" restaurants as we were leaving. Bummer that we didn't get to try anything we were really impressed with. But, we were very happy that Ella did very well on her first outing with thousands of other people!

No comments:

Post a Comment